Understanding Refined Carbs
A carbohydrate is simply a long chain of sugars. All carbs are sugars, and once consumed, the body breaks them down into energy. However, some carbs are almost completely made of sugar; these are known as “refined carbs.”
Everything that Nature delicately put into carbs–fiber, vitamins, minerals, plant nutrients–has been mercilessly stripped away. These refined carbs our society is so fond of cause a rapid rise in blood sugar that our bodies cannot cope with.
The Toxic Product of All Carbs
Sugar is toxic. It must be expended in metabolism, as it cannot be stored. If it is not used, it will be turned into fat–cholesterol, triglyceride, or stored body fat–or thrown out via urine. Excess sugar makes you diabetic, obese, and prone to heart disease. All the modern day causes of death!
In the past 20 years, the reputation of carbohydrates has been swinging wildly. Carbs have been touted as dangerous in low-carb, high-protein, or high-fat diets; promoted “sinful” for the keto and paleo diets; and even defined as a healthful nutrient.
Fortunately, it is easy to decide which carbs are good and which are not. Good ones are full of color, flavor, fiber, and water, like vegetables and fruits which are packed with vitamins.
Bad carbs are the white stuff: starch and sugar. They are stripped of all vitamins, minerals, and highly beneficial plant nutrients. What is left in a refined carb is almost pure sugar or starch, which very quickly becomes sugar when consumed.
Cheap and Addictive
Refined carbs are white, deadly, and highly addictive. The parts of the brain that light up in an MRI scan when you eat an excess of foods with sugar or starch are the same parts that light up when you take cocaine!
Refined carbs are convenient and affordable. This is why they are everywhere in our diets. Avoiding them is almost impossible since they are the “secret sauce” of the food industry. The food industry knows how profitable it is to use refined carbs because it keeps us coming back for more. We eat them, our kids eat them, and even our poor pets eat them.
Sugar Highs and Health Lows
The more of these refined carbs we consume, the more sugar we have swirling through our bodies. Remember: sugars are too toxic to be stored.
Your body has two options when consuming refined carbs:
- Convert it to fats (which leads to high blood cholesterol, obesity, heart disease, etc)
- Throw it out via urine (seen in diabetes)
Look around. Everyone is overweight, right down to dogs and cats. We know it’s all the sugar in our diets.
1 in 6 people is diabetic. 1 in 4 is pre-diabetic. Even kids are becoming diabetic.
This is a huge crisis, and it is getting worse by the day. There’s evidence that it will end in a big health care crisis. In fact, it has been said that we will be the first generation since the beginning of time where our kids will not live longer than us. It is all due to those damned refined carbs.
Uncarb your life!
So what do you do in a world of down-spiraling health? Here are some hints:
- Eat good carbs, not bad carbs. Fruits and vegetables will give you fiber, minerals, vitamins, and plant nutrients.
- Avoid refined carbs like sugar and starch as much as possible. No sugary drinks or added sugars.
- Eat more protein and fat.
- Eat small, regular meals to prevent “sugar highs.”
- Eat only when you are hungry, not when you are bored.
- At the first sign of hunger, drink water. Remember, you are 70% water, so you should be drinking water throughout the day.
- Finally, you can take Uncarb, the world’s first carb optimizer. It helps your body cope with the refined carbs in today’s popular diet. Uncarb is based on modern science and almost 4,000 years of Ayurvedic wisdom.